Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Weekend trekking

It was a long time since I had been somewhere with a bunch of friends or colleagues. The last weekend was indeed a memorable trip.

We all rocked!

In Pic, L->R: myself kneeling down, Rohit above me, Sundar sitting down, Rajesh(a), Sunaina, Prashanth, Vani, Shilpa sitting down, Manasi, Joe with cap, Namarta, Shiv with sunglasses, Shreyas, Sonu.

Bali and Sneha missed out this group pic at top of Ambukuti Hills beacuse of "Heights" in being afraid of heights! :P

It was an awesome journey on friday night. After leavi
ng directly from "Virtual hell" (Sundar's quote in one of his mails, meaning office) at 9:00pm, to reach the heavens of kerala in the morning. We all slept till the sun’s grand arrival at the horizon just over the silvery clouds.

In pic, Sun rise views from cottage.

In pic, Enroute to cottage.

In Pic, Our temporary residence for that weekend. (Valley view cottage)

In pic, chaudvin ka chand :)

Many poets have tried to explain about the nature’s beauty in words, but in vein. So I am not commenting about the awesome scenery around. All that one can do is just see and enjoy it.

Must important of all, I found myself closer than ever with my buddies on the way. Even my best pals around were surprised to see me in such a different kind of mood, when we sang songs of our likings all the way (I could clearly read it from shiv’s and joe’s face). It was surprisingly interesting that I heard Sunaina saying “Sensitive!”(or did I overhear that?) looking at my choices of Md Rafi’s Oldies and “Patho” songs. Many thanks to Shilpa, Sneha and Sunaina for singing my dedications (Hope I didn’t trouble you) and taking me to wonder land.

Also I found myself very bad at dumb-charades after hearing to “ziddi” (supposed to be a hindi movie) as “zeti” (some damn English movie) and trying to show the action in kannada “e-style”! [:D] hehe… soon after that every one lost hopes of playing it, I think. But it was fun.

It was pure stress buster in acting crazy at the pond half way up the chembra peak, like going to the other end of the pond and meditating, hanging half way from the tree skimming the surface of the water!

And how could I forget my act of balancing on one leg on the peak!

How can any one forget “I am the king of the world” dialogue by our great mighty “Joe” young ;)

What a “LOVE”ly place this is!

Together we reached the heights as we believed that mountain is not too high until we reach the top.

It was really tiring for all them and I was the one who made you follow all the way till the peak. Thank you fellas for keeping my energy levels up all the way. If you have anything to scold me for taking you up there hungry and thirsty, you can send it to my personal email-id. But also I made sure everyone came back safe literally at each step. Thank me for those fellas ;)

With just one argument over “judgment of friendship” with Manasi, I got to know how good she is at heart. I don’t remember how it kicked off.

Special thanks to Shreyas for entertaining us so well and being a sport for all our jokes and everyone else who made these moments ever last in my memories.

I uploaded the collection of photos from all the cameras at Picasa web album for all of us to rejoice these memories and especially Sonu and Sunaina who certainly can’t access out shared file system at office.

Link: http://picasaweb.google.com/karthikhb/WaynadPics?authkey=K2_XJ8Dy4rU#

There are just 500 pictures in the album!! Happy rewinding back your memory as "today's beautiful moments are tomorrow's wonderful memories" :)

Cheers,
Karthik Bharadwaj H

1 comment:

The Ilusionist said...

500 pics for a weekend ! Just saw the album..Looks like you did really have a great time !

Hhhmm...let us (guys from the awesome CS dept, RVCE), go on such a trip sometime soon.

Btw, Kerala now seems even more beautiful with all those pics you've posted. :)