Sunday, February 1, 2009

Rambling of a fresher in Industry

There are a lot of things that are happening to me and around me for which I am just a spectator. One of which is being hit by huge wave of recession tsunami. Customers show unwillingness to buy stuff leading to less demand..So industry lays off workers and consume less raw materials, Unemployed workers further spend less, Employees spend less fearing of their jobs, Investors fear to invest, Stock market falls. Finally there is a low financial condition and slump in personal income leading to recession. Till now I'm feeling the heat of recession(where neighbor is losing job) but not yet depression!(Me losing job!). All I can do is to hope that the financial market stabilizes soon!

As a fresher, I learnt so many things from the Industry that no college could ever include in its syllabus. Let me list a few of them.. and here it goes:

1. I earned! and so I got to know the TRUE value of money!
2. I now know how share market works!
3. How important a teamwork is..
4. Nature of work of program managers, line managers and engineers..
5. How mismatched is your study with respect to the Job.
6. Experience of night outs @ office
7. Weekend supports and customer focus.
8. I can flexibly use spreadsheets for TAX calculations! really I do!
9. Kinship with Co-freshers and colleagues.
10. How important is sleep during weekends!

Oh!, I forgot to add one more point!!!

11. WORK!!!

5 comments:

Deepak N said...

12. Keeping RESUME updated*

hopityhop said...

Adding one more
13.Cost cutting companies Does :P

Kartoon said...

Nice ones guys! keep adding.. comment your heart out :)

Abhiram said...

14. Keeping your weight in check.

Kartoon said...

@Abhiram
Haha.. good one genius ;)