Sunday, April 20, 2008

One stupid story...

Our tenants vacated yesterday and i was lending my mom a helping hand in cleaning our new house. Soon there was the entry of neighbor kid, about 5 years of age and was very accustomed to our old tenants and asked about the "Tamil aunt"(They were from Madurai) who had just left.

I don't know how and why the "story telling" began but my mom and kid were talking about a story of dumb idiotic guy.
The story was somewhat like - The mother of that idiot asks him to get butter from a shop. but he puts it in his pockets to bring it back home. Later when asked to get it in a ice pack so that it doesn't melt he does it same for bringing salt! Ah.. this poor fellow then makes the princess laugh who had not even laughed in her lifetime... and so king makes him marry to her because of his utter sense of humor(so called).

I hated this kind of stories as they made no sense to practical world but there was something more interesting than this.

After telling complete story, the kid asked a very surprising question (which i overheard) for which even my mom was awestruck!
She had asked - "why didn't the princess divorce that idiot and marry another prince?"

I couldn't believe that young kid of this age could pronounce any word like D_I_V_O_R_C_E.
The time is getting from bad to worse for the next generation.

No comments: