Monday, April 14, 2008

Success in my vision

What's the secret of success in your life?

Have you ever realized how hard it is to answer such a difficult question. It's just like one of those job interview questions that i have faced in recent days.

I have been asked this question several times by my friend. At first, I didn't understand what makes him ask it over and over again, but later I got a good reason - It's a must to ask oneself at all times to lead your own life in a proper direction. I think that his success lies in the fact that this same question always lingers in his mind.

I know that strengths like Hard work, Attitude, Persistence, Confidence can make a person succeed in life. But thats not completely true with me. As these virtues are obtained by necessary opportunities and exposure.

Personally i would say that my secret of success is my fear of failure! Yes, its true. The society is making our lives so competitive.

Well, I feared that i may fail as a student, as a teenager, as a responsible adult, as a good human being. The consciousness of this fear led me into a path that I'm right now in. I had seen some part of the suffering in my family. My efforts to minimize their problem was to get into good college, get good education, build my own career and lessen the burden of donations. Being a part of typical middle class family, understanding my family needs was one of most important thing in my life as a youngster. I do regret for all the things that i missed during my childhood days. But everything comes at a price of something else. But now things have changed a lot in these 20 years, We are now one happy, contended family.

Its not only about the "monetary stuff" but also as a person, I got to know more about responsibility. We have the opportunity to be strong when we are given difficulties. With more opportunity comes great exposure, with correct usage of exposure comes great power, with great power comes great responsibility.

According to me - Success is driven by failure and necessity is its motivator.

No comments: